Tuesday 4 November 2008

A book buyer's tale ...


At the weekend I decided to get the processing book. I’m a bit impatient and didn’t want to wait for an online delivery so I phoned my local Waterstones store to check they had one in stock before going in to town. A very helpful member of staff checked on their computer system but unfortunately neither of the two stores in my nearest town had the book in stock, she also checked two other stores in neighbouring towns with the same result. I do live in the country so I thought maybe it is not the kind of book they get a lot of call for, but since I work in London I also asked if she could check the Ealing branch, same result. I thanked her for her efforts and decided to buy on line, I checked with Amazon, out of stock, before finally placing an order with Waterstones on line.

I have just received an email from Waterstones and they too are out of stock and will have to place another order with the publishers ….. This book must be in demand for some reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment